When Your Financial Circumstances Change, So Can Your Child Support Order

It has been a long time since you and your partner appeared in court to receive your child support order. Since then, your financial situation has changed significantly. Now, you are interested in modifying your child support order to better fit your family’s current circumstances.

At Lancaster and St. Louis, PLLC, we are here to assist you when your child support order no longer suits your needs. Our attorneys have helped numerous clients in Concord and the surrounding area successfully petition family law courts for child support modifications.

Should I Petition To Modify My Child Support Order?

There are several situations in which you may benefit from modifying your child support order. Petitioning for a support modification may be right for you if:

  • You or your ex has recently changed jobs
  • You or your ex has recently lost a job
  • Your child’s needs have changed
  • You or your ex has received an inheritance
  • You or your ex has remarried

Work With Us To Modify An Existing Order

Obtaining a modification for a child support order can be a complicated and stressful process. We provide legal representation to help you navigate this process and attempt to obtain the best modification possible for your case.

To successfully petition the court for a child support modification, you must be able to show that your circumstances have significantly changed since the court issued your last child support order. Our lawyers can help you determine whether you have grounds for such a modification. Then, we can work with you to file all necessary documents and negotiate a new arrangement.

Schedule A Consultation

To discuss your existing child support order and ask about modifications, contact our Concord office by calling 704-743-4204 or emailing us.